Entertainment Lawyer in Houston, Austin & Throughout All of Texas
At Hoover Slovacek, our entertainment attorney Paul Van Slyke represents clients in transactional and litigation matters involving business and intellectual property laws in both traditional and digital concerns within the entertainment industries.
This includes music, film, television, concerts, live theater, publishing, music recording, live concerts, books, online media and magazine publishing, social media, Internet and high technology, motion pictures, television, radio, agents, managers, websites and software.
Our music entertainment attorney is equipped to represent singers, composers, singer-songwriters, lyricists, recording artists as well as recording studios, music publishers, website music streamers and record labels.
Our live performance attorney represents actors, artists, singers, playwrights, choreographers, set designers, performing, composers, lyricists, writers, producers, production companies and broadcasters.
Our book, online media and publishing attorney is engaged in the representation of writers, poets and publishers under the copyright, trademark and business laws to build a print business while pivoting to a more digital future. He is familiar with the laws governing and practices of digital printing, self-publishing, events, paid content, repurposing content, content marketing, native advertising, video and e-commerce.
Attorney Paul Van Slyke provides transactional services including:
- Negotiate and draft recording contracts,
- Prepare publishing contracts,
- Draft music licenses,
- Create performance licenses,
- Draft royalty agreements,
- Prepare personality rights and licenses,
- Counsel clients on extending and safeguarding their brands through licensing, sponsorship and endorsements of events, products, services and websites.
- Clear and register copyright for manuscripts, compositions, sound recordings,
- Clear new names of artists, musician and performing groups and register trademarks in their names as well as for promotional merchandise and advertising
- Negotiate and draft television appearance and endorsement arrangements, and
- Negotiate and draft other commercial agreements.
Our entertainment attorney Paul Van Slyke provides litigation services including:
- Litigate and arbitrate breach of contract claims, intellectual property rights violations, artist defamation, and misappropriation of artist name and likeness claims
- Send demand letters for recovery and payment of royalties and sums due under contracts
- Prosecute and defend litigation claims in state and federal courts through trial and appeal
Strategic solutions for entertainment law
For over 5 years, individuals, groups, businesses, and management companies have trusted entertainment lawyer Paul Van Slyke of Hoover Slovacek LLP for practical, cost-effective representation. Contact our Houston or Austin attorney Paul Van Slyke online or by calling (855) 552-8238 to discuss how Paul might benefit you.